Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Jenn Air refrigerator model number JFI2589AES. We

Customer Question

I have a Jenn Air refrigerator model number JFI2589AES. We first noticed the food in the refrigerator became frozen. We adjusted the temp on the display to raise it to 41. That seemed to correct, but we also noticed we do not have any ice cubes anymore. We went and bought a new water filter thinking it may need replacing. After replacing we when the ice maker called for water it did not fill we assume because the water leaked from the upper portion of the refrigerator at the rear of the filter storage.
We have emptied the refrigerator and cleaned out all the ice that has accumulated on the shelfs.
I have removed the back panel of the inside of the refrigerator where the water runs through series of cold storage tubes. I noticed when the system calls for water for the ice maker water runs out the inside top of the refrigerator. The supply line to the ice maker is leaking somewhere from the supply to the ice maker.
How do I remove the ice maker to see where the leak is occurring. I though by removing the light assembly I could see the line but it is just a compartment with no access to line.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The water line is accessed from the top of the cabinet in the left rear corner (facing from the front). There is a channel it goes through to reach the water valve. The cover on the fill tube is shown as number 6 in the diagram at the link below. That assembly (number 2) will likely need to be replaced.

CLICK HERE

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE