John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I'm ***** *****. I have a GE Monogram built-in side by side

Customer Question

Customer: hi I'm ***** *****. I have a GE Monogram built-in side by side refrigerator zisp480dxass. yesterday we had a power outage in our district and now fridge is getting warmer and warmer. There's power to fridge but i don't here the compressor going on. The fan by condenser is working, as with the other fans inside. What could have gone bad?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: everything seems to be functionable...no clicking noise or any other unusual noise
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok after checking the fridge more thoroughly ....the compressor does not start up....the fans are still going on
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

Do you have a volt meter and do you see the GRAY box next to the compressor?