Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My fridigair electric double oven wall mount stopped

Customer Question

My fridigair electric double oven wall mount stopped working. Checked breaker, breaker good. There is no power to oven controls. Oven is 2 years old.
What an I do or check
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

If the unit is dead check the power at the junction box where the power cord for the unit connects, often a wire burns there and you will lose half the power causing that issue.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Checked wiring and no indication of burnt or separated wires from box to unit

Ok then check the thermal fuses on the back wall of the oven you have to remove the oven from the cavity and the back panel to get at them and check them.