Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

I was cleaning bulb cover, broke bulb and while removing the

Customer Question

I was cleaning bulb cover, broke bulb and while removing the rest of bulb I shorted it out. It tripped the breaker and now once the breaker is on the stove top works but no clock lights and the oven won't work. It's a GE true temp electric stove about 6 years old only number I can find is on a sticker on the inside of the oven door 317b6641p001
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.

unfortunately that is not a good model number you will need to locate the silver tag on the unit that has the model and serial number , it should be on the door frame when you open the door, if not and you have a lower broiler door or compartment storage door it will be on that frame. thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Found it. Model number: J BP27B L1BB. SERIAL: TM156650P

give me a minute to look this up thanks.

Ok here is the deal the light assembly runs through the door switch which runs Through the board so when you shorted it you also blew the board, the only way to fix it is to replace the control board:

Range Electronic Control Board And Clock

Part #: WB27K10206

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is that if you feel I have tried to help you to the best of my ability and have taken the time to help you Kindly do the same for me and take the time this time to rate my service by clicking on the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find but it's there). This will let others know that I am willing to help them also. Rating me will not in any affect the amount you agreed to pay for the question. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.

TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks.

Happy Holidays!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where would I get the control board?

ah I actually gave you the link to order the board in my previous repsonse but here it is again thanks:

CLICK HERE

please remember to rate my service, thanks again!

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this

issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. I took the time to help you please take the time to help me. Thank You so much for your understanding and support!.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
awesome thanks for the help man, no doubt

Ok thanks you just click on one of the stars on the star rating system located at the top of the page ( usually it is they do move it from time to time but click on stars to rate, thanks again my friend and Happy Holidays!

can put this question on my completed list. I took the time to help you please take the time to help me. Thank You so much for your understanding and support! If you feel there is a reason you should not give me a rating please let me know, otherwise please go ahead and do that for me Thanks.