Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Type Your Question Here...

Customer Question

Type Your Question Here...
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 11 months ago.

ok so the ice maker is not gonna work unless it as at least 11 degrees or cooler in the freezer so that is normal if the freezer is not getting cold enough, so we need to figure out why the freezer is not getting cold, could you give me the model of the unit or at least tell me what brand and is it top and bottom, french door, side by side etc; thanks.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Kenmore freezer on top
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Kenmore freezer on top bought it in 2001. Never had à problem till now. It started ñot freezing ice cream but it was not melting either. Then the ice màker just stopped . the compessor gets hot and doseñt switch on
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
OK so is that the answer I get cause that's a no brainer! Plain common sense would
Make that the first thing to check. Please don't tell me an expert is trying to figure it out and he needs hours to get the answer. Starting to smell like à broken fridge more like s scam that the BBB needs to hear about.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Your wasting my time and money

no I am sorry I have been on here answering questions for over 12 hours and I apologize that was not here at the exact moment you were , please forgive me.

now if you are done ranting I will be glad to help you figure out your problem

please let me know when you would like me to help you.

Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The issue is likely a low refrigerant level unless you have an air flow issue. If you remove the rear panel from inside the freezer, the evaporator coil will be visible. If that coil is frosted only near the top, you have a sealed system issue. If it is frosted all over, there is a defrost circuit problem. Let me know what you find, please.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Mr Swens on gave me a answer that any normal person would try. I expressed I was dissatisfed . I recieved a reply informing i couldnt get a answer that just asked was very sorry. I asked for a refund . So I found my solution free on u tube. I called my debit card only to find JUST ASK REMOVED AN additional $10 off my card with out my knowledge or concent I would like my $15.00 refunded ASAP.please don't turn this into a problem . removal of more funds with out my knowledge will be a big issue we don't need replace my $15 please
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Sorry you had trouble getting a timely answer. My only intent was to help, so sorry if you took it any other way.