Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a GTF1040AS0 washer which doesn't spin. I have gone

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****, I have a GTF1040AS0 washer which doesn't spin. I have gone through the steps on the service tech sheet for motor will not run and on the 4th one pin 1 is at 40V instead of 0V. I checked the 3C to 3B contact and it is open. What do I do next?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The washer no longer spins.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The motor control is likely faulty. There is a fuse on the motor control. Can you measure to see if it is open?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I had already checked that. Actually I had just come to the same conclusion and already ordered a new board from ebay. The documentation says I should be measuring 3M ohm between pins 1-2, 2-3, and 1-3 on the 6 pin connector. It was only measuring about 360Kohm. Sorry, I guess you were a little to late.
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

I understand, thank you.