Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

I have water on shelves and bottom of refrigerator

Customer Question

i have water on shelves and bottom of refrigerator
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel thank you for your interest in our service. If you have been waiting a while
I apologize we try to help as many customers as possible in a timely manner. I am now
available to help you with your question. Please give me just a minute and I will be glad to
help you.

you have a stopped up defrost drain causing the water to back up and drain into the fridge.

every 8-12 hours your refrigerator goes into a defrost cycle to melt the ice off the evaporator coils, then the water goes down the defrost drain tube to the defrost pan under the fridge, if the tube gets stopped up it will cause the water to back up into the fridge. The drain will have to be cleaned out.

here is a video that will explain how to do that

VIDEO

once you get the back panel of the freezer out under the evaporator coils you will see a metal plate with a hole in it that the water should be draining down you can blow that out with an air hose or use a larger gauge wire to push down through there to try and unstop it.

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is that if you feel I have tried to help you to the best of my ability and have answered your question, I would appreciate it if you take this time to rate my service by clicking on the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find

but it's there). This will let others know that I am willing to help them also. Rating me will not in any affect the amount you agreed to pay for the question. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.

TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks.

Happy Holidays!