Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

I am in the midst of attempting to remove the finned core in

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****. I am in the midst of attempting to remove the finned core in the back of my freezer so that I can replace the defrost element. I had this problem before...the fins would freeze up. So I ordered another defrost switch and the defrost element, anticipating that this would happen again...and, today is the day.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I replaced the defrost switch, once before but, failed to check the continuity on the defrost element. It has to be that is the problem. I did, however purchase a second switch. My problem is that I don't know how to get the fins out and it looks like the defrost element is wedged behind the fins
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: That's okay with me
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I put in a request for a call but, I'm not sure that is going to happen. If all you do is chat, that will suffice. I keep having to return to another room to check this so, I'll wait for you and try to set up the laptop in the kitchen.
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 11 months ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?
I noticed your request for a phone call. Unfortunately, that's not something I'm able to do.
I`m an expert that works from my own appliance repair business in a remote location and not in a Just Answer office.
I'm happy to continue corresponding with you here directly on your question page.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'll have the model number within 20 seconds
596 75523400
ser # *****
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I will be unavailable until 2:36pm ET (4 mins)

Thank you .

On the Freezer Evaporator coil the heating element is held in place by small spring clips on the bottom of the element. just unclip the clips and it will allow the defrost heater to drop down!

Of course the heater will need to be unplugged from the electrical harness

Do you still need assistance on your question?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
You experts should quit lying about the costs involved with this "ask" service. Where do you come up with $18 or is that just automatically generated by "the system" and inserted in your email. Either way, it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. The clips that attached the heating/defrost element to the core fins were not noticed by me and when that question was answered by YOU (I think. by someone one your end, anyway), I was able to proceed and completed the tedious repair. Everything is back up and running correctly, now. When you answered the question, I clicked on something at your site and it wisked me away to a payment screen where I paid $23+another $5 for some associated fee....a total of $28! Thanks for your answer. It helped me complete the task at hand but, I really don't like to get "taken" by vendors or service providers of any type and I'm not pleased. As I read this, I'm reading the top of the screen and an ad offers continual, unlimited service for $28/mo. Really? If I would have used my head, I would have accessed my account at repair clinic.com where I could have obtained the answer for 0 Dollars and probably could have watched a free Youtube video on the proceedure...also free. I don't have sour grapes about you making a buck but, I surely don't like to be deceived. Also, I can't, for the life of me, understand why you would continue to send me emails, soliciting to answer the same question and ready to charge me another $28 at the click of the mouse. I'll never use this web site again and it is NO REFLECTION ON YOU, personally...I just don't like your site's business practices.

Expert have nothing to do with money ,experts on this site do not even get to see your personal information

All money and phone request and solicitations are done by the Just Answer Web site.

Experts do not work in a Just answer office .

I work from my own appliance service company or from my home in a totally different state then the just answer office is located in .

I recommend that you contact the Just Answer admin office to let them know your feelings .they do not listen to us experts on customer complaints.

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.

And Even after you rate me Today if you have a question on your refrigerator then just reply back to me,
I will still assist you, no extra charges .
But rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time.