Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Maytag Dishwasher Model number MDBH965AWB Heating Element

Customer Question

Maytag Dishwasher Model number MDBH965AWB Heating Element would not turn off staying on all the time. Had to shut off at fuse box to get it off. was not red color but hot to touch next day ?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So the element never actually gets red in color just as a side not, it only gets hot to the touch since it runs on 110 volts instead of 220 volts like an oven. Either way, if the element was stuck on, it means that your relay on the control board is welded shut and the control board inside your door in the upper right hand corner will need to be ordered and replaced to resolve the issue. There is a serial break on this model for different control boards so you'll want to contact an appliance parts store by phone with your full model and serial number to get the correct part number. The 2 boards very in price a bit, one is about $110 and the other is about $200.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.