Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

I have RDF30QS Thermador dual fuel range. I went to clean

Customer Question

Customer: I have RDF30QS Thermador dual fuel range. I went to clean the oven, followed the pre-clean cycle and then initiated a standard cycle for cleaning. After just a couple seconds before the words "clean" and "on" appeared, we heard a very loud pop! The panel is now blank, the gas oven top works. I reset the breaker at the main panel but it did not appear to tripped.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Any clues on this issue? Is there an internal fuse on the range? I'm thinking that at least the control panel is blown.... but not sure what beyond that?????
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: OK
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel thank you for your interest in our service. If you have been waiting a while
I apologize we try to help as many customers as possible in a timely manner. I am now
available to help you with your question. Please give me just a minute and I will be glad to
help you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hello Joel, thanks

well that pop that was heard before the screen on the panel went blank was undoubtedly a capacitor or relay on the main control that blew so it now will have to be refurbished to repair the unit, the part number is:

Part #: 14-33-347

and unfortunately everywhere I have looked for the part says it is no longer being made by the manufacturer, so you have to send it in and have it rebuilt. I have linked you to the service at sears and you can call them to double verify.

wish I had better news for you but I don't.

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is that if you feel I have tried to help you to the best of my ability and have answered your question, I would appreciate it if you take this time to rate my service by clicking on the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find

but it's there). This will let others know that I am willing to help them also. Rating me will not in any affect the amount you agreed to pay for the question. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.

TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks.

Happy Holidays!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
When you say main control, I believe from the part number you gave me that this is only the panel in front of the range. So, the capacitor, etc. to confirm is in this panel?

yes the main electronic control for the oven, you can probably pull it out and have a look at it and find that has a burned component on it.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you sir! Happy Holidays!

actually I found a rebuilt one for sell on ebay for 300.00:

Control Board

or you can send yours in and have it rebuilt for 150.00:

Rebuild Service

Happy Holidays!

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this

issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. I took the time to help you please take the time to help me. Thank You so much for your understanding and support!.