Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

It's ***** *****. I have a kitcheaid dishwasher that I just

Customer Question

Customer: Hey It's ***** *****. I have a kitcheaid dishwasher that I just bout used. It was pertty clean to begin with but I've thoroughly cleaned the pump inlet, screen, chopper, etc but the top spinner doesn;pt sopin
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the top spinner is not spinning, and I don't think the bottom one is either
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I took the motor/pump out and it wasn't very dirty. the thing is spotless, the check valve is not blocked...I don't know what else to do
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Is the water level adequate, about up to the bottom of the element?

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'm going to bed. I'll log in tomorrow to follow up.
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hello?
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Did you get a chance to see what the level of water in the machine is?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I haven't. What is the normal water level? Also, I added a video to youtube if you want to see it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8spMf7-IuY
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Actually, now that I watch the video again, I see that the "Pro Scrub" nozzles are blasting water. Of course that is where all the pressure is going that would otherwise spin the upper spray arms. I know they have those big ball bearing valves, but what keeps them closed when they aren't supposed to be operating?
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Great idea! There is a diverter that is not working or the valve with the balls in it is stuck. Do the balls move freely if you remove that valve the pro scrub is attached to?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The model number is ***** KUDS30SXSS
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Thank you! Number 29 in the diagram at the link below is the part that controls the valve to the turbo zone. If the balls in the plastic part in the tub move okay, the actuator is likely faulty.

CLICK HERE

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE