Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My washer won't fill w water. It spins though. Water line is

Customer Question

My washer won't fill w water. It spins though. Water line is not shut off.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

If the washer will still spin like normal--- then your out of balance switch, and lid switch are all still working properly as well as the motor. That means that you either have a bad timer control, water level switch, or fuse. You'll need to get inside your control panel to expose the lid switch assembly. There is a 1" fuse mounted on the lid switch assembly which looks like the part in the link below.

CLICK HERE to see lid switch assembly and fuse

Check the fuse to see if it's good and if it's not---replace the entire lid switch assembly because the fuse fails due to one of the switches beginning to fail. Other than that, try to set the washer on warm water so that both hot and cold valves are uses and if it still won't fill on either hot or cold it's not likely that your timer is bad. There is a pressure switch which has a small rubber hose going to it inside the control panel and a couple wires and the pressure switch would stop both hot and cold water so below is a link to that part you'd want to replace.

CLICK HERE for pressure switch

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.