Tom Goellner, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  32 yrs. experience servicing major appliances and HVAC equipment.
6636336

I have a Dbvh512ef0ww ge dyer. I replaced the Inlet control

Customer Question

I have a Dbvh512ef0ww ge dyer . I replaced the Inlet control thermostat .Then tested it the dyer (without any clothes in it ) it ran for about 2mins. Then stops and the counter shows 0000, I can turn it right back on but it does the same thing. So I figured it maybe doing that because there were no clothes in it . Put it back together ,hooked up vent and hit start one more time and it immediately blow inlet control thermostat. All other fuses ohm fine, heater test fine, vents clean, except there a small black plastic fuse on the vent tube that I was told was not supposed to ohm anyway
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tom Goellner replied 11 months ago.

There are on this dryer also an inlet and an outlet thermistor which is probably what you are referring to and they should read about 90 ohms at room temperature. They connect to the main board to tell it what the temperatures are when heating. If it is "blowing" ( I guess you mean destroying ) the inlet or outlet thermostat it has to be drawing way too much current. Look at the heat elements - are one or both sagged so badly it is touching metal ( short to ground ) which will throw the amperage way up