Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Type your question here how do you run diagnostic codes on a

Customer Question

Type your question here
how do you run diagnostic codes on a 2014 GE PZS23KSEEFSS refrigerator.
Please include how to enter system, search for fault codes, meaning of codes and exiting system.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I do not see any diagnostics beyond what you would need the GE interface tool and software to use. The tech sheet is below. What problem are you having with the appliance?

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The refrigerator and freezer are running warm, 14-52 instead of settings at 0-37. Not a lot of air running into refrigerator section and when I turn on turbo cool there is no change in temperature or fan speed. I could get codes from my old refrigerator and was looking to do the same here. All the parts and wiring diagrams I was able to find through various sites but no internal diagnostic information.
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Can you hear a fan running in the freezer section? Can you see any frost on the back wall inside the freezer?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
the fan is running but doesn't change speed, ( I'm not sure if it's supposed to on turbo cool ) and the damper is open to the refrigerator but not a lot of air flow. There is no frost on the back wall of the freezer. I did find some ice on the coils and after defrosting I tested the defrost components and had a 0 ohm reading. Now it runs at 4-40 changing all the time but never 0-37.
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Was the frost on the entire evaporator coil or just near the top? Does it seem to run all the time?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
On the entire coil and was always running when I checked it.
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

The return air at the bottom of the coil may be plugged. Did you allow the entire thing to thaw out? There may be an ice blockage in the air path. Unplug and leave doors open for 24 hours so it will thaw completely out.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
it's clear, I've taken everything apart and tested it and all checks out ok. I was told by a local part supplier that it might have a faulty board or the defrost coil because he doesn't think it should read 0 ohms. He said open or 0 is bad and anything in-between should be ok.