Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

Have a side by side Kitchenaid refrigerator, 10 years old.

Customer Question

Have a side by side Kitchenaid refrigerator, 10 years old. The ice maker stopped making ice. I replaced the ice maker with new yesterday and new filter.
Still not getting water to ice maker. The on switch is on and the water valve is open. Refrigerator has water dispenser and we can get water from dispenser.
What could be the problem?
Thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 11 months ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

When you installed the new icemaker did you manually fill the icemaker mold with water?

And did the old icemaker not have ice or water in it when you removed it?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No we did not fill the new ice maker with water.The old ice maker did not have ice or water in it
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Did you get my response?

ok the new icemaker will not even cycle until the internal thermostat reaches a temperature of 15 ° and with out water to freeze in the mold it may take a week or so fir it to get that cold by itself .

And that depends upon how much food is in the freezer ,how often the door is opened and if the condenser coil under the unit is clean or not.

And if the old icemaker did not have ice in it that meant that the old icemaker cycled but did not fill with water.

Which means the icemaker was probably not bad at all that the dual water inlet valve has failed on the icemaker side of the valve.

And the entire water inlet valve will need to be replaced.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/b121p4/Kitchenaid-Refrigerator-Water-Inlet-Valve/W10247725/1515060?modelNumber=KSCS25INSS00&ss=a4b121c37d653627&mr=1?rcaid=1000070
If you have any questions just reply back.

Do you still need assistance on your question?

I see you have not rated me as of yet!
Even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me,
I will still assist you ,but rating me is the ONLY way I get paid for my time