Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My magic chek model number CTF2125DRW a year ago was making

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** my magic chek model number CTF2125DRW a year ago was making a loud roaring noise in the freezer compartment section near the fan well now the fridge is warm and the freezer is cold like normal,had a friend remove the back panel inside freezer section all coils were frozen thawed them out put it back together refrigerator cooled fine for a week now back to being semi cool
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: none other than the annoying loud fan roaring in the freezer section a year ago and now the friferator is semi cool
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes no choice lol
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.

So it sounds like your unit is not defrosting on it's own. You'll need to remove the back panel inside the freezer and use a multimeter to test continuity through the defrost heater and the defrost thermostat. The thermostat is a 1" round device with 2 wires going to it clipped onto the top of the silver evaporator coils. If you don't have continuity through the heater or the thermostat, you'll need to replace the part. If both parts have continuity, you'll need to order and replace the defrost timer control which is mounted in the control panel up inside the ceiling of the refrigerator section. Below is a link to each part depending on which one you need to replace. If you don't have a multimeter to test, I'd replace the defrost thermostat first as that is by far the most likely part to fail.

CLICK HERE for defrost thermostat

CLICK HERE for defrost heater

CLICK HERE for defrost timer

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you I will try that Merry Christmas !

No problem and Merry Christmas to you as well! Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.