John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have an Adora Sensor Dry Dryer... it was working this

Customer Question

I have an Adora Sensor Dry Dryer... it was working this morning. Next load, all lights and chimes working, but start/pause button won't start. Still chimes with every push, but dryer does not start. Light on inside works too. Fuse breakers for house, all on. Lint emptied, door latch closed completely and looks in same condition as always. What am I missing?
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I just got off troubleshooting with GE, tried breaker shut off and unplug for 30 seconds and only other thought was to check lint exhaust. Any OTHER ideas?
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 11 months ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Do you have a volt-Ohm meter and know how to use it?

You could have a faulty (open ) thermostat or this unit has a broken belt switch on it .

If the belt was to fall off or break the dryer will not run.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I was going to show this answer to my husband when he got home... went downstairs to hang wet clothes, thought I would try dryer again... pushed start button and it is working!!! So I called GE and they insisted something was wrong and need a tech to come out. Do you think the motor was just overworked and shut off to cool down? Do I NEED a tech or can we just keep using it until this happens again, then try your suggestions?

The drive motor does have an internal overload if it was to get to hot it will turn itself off and then when it cools down it will work till it gets hot again ,this will eventually weaken the drive motor .

you may just need to take the unit apart and clean any lint build up from on and around the drive motor.

But if it happens after that you will probably need to replace the drive motor if you need that part info just let me know.

Do you still need assistance on your question?