Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Our dishwasher starts up in the night by itself, and the

Customer Question

Our dishwasher starts up in the night by itself, and the panel flashes Error S. Can I fix this problem myself?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.

Er S means that your touch control panel has an internal short. Sometimes allowing the dishwasher to be unplugged and sitting for 24 hours will reset the issue if steam is affecting the touchpad but if not then the entire touch control panel needs to be ordered and replaced. Below is a link to the touch control panel you'd need to order and replace for your model number.

CLICK HERE for touchpad

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.