Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I determined the heating element was bad on my T700 Asko

Customer Question

I determined the heating element was bad on my T700 Asko dryer. Once the element and fuses were replaced, the dryer ran for about a minute and then a flash from the motor occurred. Just for information, the same flash
was seen before the element was originally replaced. That original element was tested and it was indeed burned out.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

There is a motor contact that runs the heater. The contact may be bad or the heater may have touched ground if not properly installed both of these could have caused that issue. You may need to check the heater again and you may need a new motor as it could have ruined the contact in the motor.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks