John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Kenmore, model # 596.72842101 Freezer and fridge cooling but

Customer Question

Customer: Kenmore, model # ***** Freezer and fridge cooling but poorly. Not freezing in freezer below and cooling between 46-50 in fridge, upper.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Underneath coils cleaned. no change
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Good morning!. So the first thing you'll need to do is pull everything out of the freezer and remove the entire back panel inside the freezer. Look at the silver evaporator coils behind this panel and are they packed with frost, lightly frosted from top to bottom, some frost on top but not on bottom, not frost at all, etc... ? Also, is the fan above the coils running?