Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

Lights flashing on KitchenAid DW KUDP02FRSSO will reset

Customer Question

Customer: Lights flashing on KitchenAid DW KUDP02FRSSO will reset briefly then begin flashing again . Control panel replaced but exact same problem . When it runs it runs perfectly . I have read about disconnecting ribbon ? connector and cleaning it off. Should I try that ?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: What other details do you need?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Hello from our service,

My name is***** am so happy to help you today.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. Please before rating me, make sure that I have answered all your questions.
.

During the month of December, all ratings of 3 stars or more, 1/2 of the payment will be donated to help homeless veterans, also all tips given will be donated to 100% to Autism Support Groups.

What lights are flashing? Also how fast are they flashing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not in front of it right now the Normal light is flashing fast and the cancel one too I beleive . All fast.
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

And you replaced the touch pad or the main control on the unit?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
replaced control panel same thing happening
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Does this happen time you try to use it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
will no longer run at all
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Give me a few minutes to see the specs on this machine.

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

This is from the tech sheet, if the lights blink fast, it is either the touchpad or the control, you have replaced the touchpad already, so replace the control, You can click on the blue link below to order the new control..

Click here

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Tips are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
WE have replace the control panel not the touch pad . Some info says that if the ribbon cable is disconnected and cleaned off it can work . Any info on that.
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

That is what I asked you originally, mistaken on your explanation, then you will need to replace the touch pad instead,

Click here

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry it will be a few nin trying to work at the same time here.
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Been there and done that....

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

I noticed that the question is still open, if there is nothing else you need, please rate my service to you today, so I may be credited with helping you...

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.