Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Fisher Paykel Dryer Model #DE62T27G keeps tripping the reset

Customer Question

Customer: Fisher Paykel Dryer Model #DE62T27G keeps tripping the reset button and the bottom of the drum remains HOT after the dryer is stopped...lint has been cleaned out numerous time but ever-other load causes it to trip
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It has a reset but inside the front panel on the heating unit...over-heat limiter?...near the bottom. The first time it tripped, it was due to too much lint build up; that was a year ago...now it trips about ever-other load and there is not a lint build up, so that is not the problem. Is this a thermostat issue?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

That limit thermostat may be bad and just tripping too early. I would suggest replacing it with a new one then try it and see what happens. Also check the vent at the outside to make sure the air is blowing out good and strong.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks