Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a Thermador Profession Gas Range. Tried to do a

Customer Question

I have a Thermador Profession Gas Range. Tried to do a cleaning cycle but it has been running for 6 hours, did not get hot and is making a terrible rattling noise? I turned it off but cannot stop the rattle or open the door? How do I break the cleaning cycle? Tried tripping breaker but it continues?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

Is it a fan rattling?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Not sure. Seems like it could be some type of agitator?? Fan is not running in back however. Rattling is in front vs Back where fan is. Lights did not come on indicating cleaning and it did not heat up. Just rattles and the door is locked. Thought tripping breaker would reset but no luck? I have turned both knobs off and it continues???

That is probably the door lock motor, it is likely broken and not locking the door correctly thus no self clean. You need to check and likely replace the door lock motor assembly.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Anything I can do to reset and get door open besides calling Thermador??

Well you would have to try and open the door manually with a piece of flexible metal or plastic, get it between the door and frame and move it to the right or left to hit the latch and open it. The issue is the door latch can not find the home position so there will be an issue with that motor for sure.