Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Getting an F 84 trouble code on my kenmore microwave/oven

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****, getting an F 84 trouble code on my kenmore microwave/oven combo M# *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: oven works, fuse on top of the unit is good no light on when open the door
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.

F84 is a communication error between the microwave control board and the user interface (front display board). This error is a terrible error to get because all you can really do is pull the unit out, remove the top panel and make sure the wires are secure. if that all checks good then you either have a faulty interface board or a faulty microwave board. There is no way to test which board is faulty so usually the front interface display board is faulty and the one you'd need to order and replace first. Below is a link to the part.

CLICK HERE for user interface board

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.