Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Uline icemaker clr2160
, replaced touchpad and circuit

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** Uline icemaker clr2160
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: replaced touchpad and circuit board... now display reads "--"
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Approx how long?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! I suspect there may be a connection issue between the control and touch panel. See if the control will go into a service cycle, following instructions below.

SERVICE MODE This mode has 16 different options available for service diagnostics. To enter the mode hold the WARMER key and press the LIGHT button three times. The display will show “0.” When in this mode the WARMER and COLDER keys will act as up and down arrows to select the desired option. The LIGHT key is the ENTER key and will enter a function. If changing a setting, you must press the LIGHT key again to retain the changed setting. To exit the service mode scroll to option 99 and press the LIGHT key. After five minutes of not touching any keys the mode will also exit automatically.

Let me know what happens, please.