Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Ffrigidaire laundary center glet1031cs0 tub is locked motor

Customer Question

ffrigidaire laundary center glet1031cs0 tub is locked motor and belt good
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.

If the motor checks good and the drum is locked then either the front drum support has worn out or the rear drum bearing is worn out. These laundry centers are an absolute pain to work on so to even get inside the dryer the top sheet metal panel will need to be removed, then the angled panel between the washer and dryer, then the control panel, and finally the front panel. Once all those panels are removed you can remove the drum and try to see what's causing the drum to lock up.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.