Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

We have a whirlpool side by side, it was purchased in 02 I

Customer Question

we have a whirlpool side by side , it was purchased in 02 I have an old model no. gs6shaxlq I think it is time to put in a new ice maker as it has stopped making cubes. I have replaced the valve inlet and it worked fine for a few days and now it has leaked water all over the freezer.the ice maker when making ice wont completely dump all cubes what advice can you give me.THANK YOU Rick
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 11 months ago.

yes it sounds like the ice maker mold is either leaking or its not going into harvest mode and the its trying to refill the ice maker with water with ice still in it so the water flows out. So ya you need to replace it give me a sec and I will find you the replacement part number

Ice Maker

just click above that is a good price on it also. If you have any other questions let me know, Thanks.

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is that

you take this time to rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page

or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find

but it's there). Rating me will not in any affect the amount you agreed to pay for the question.

This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.

TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks.

rerate

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this

issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. Thank You so much for your understanding and

support!.

can put this question on my completed list. I took the time to help you please take the time to help me. Thank You so much for your understanding and support!.