Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Maytag double oven. Smooth top. Lower over is locked. Did

Customer Question

Maytag double oven. Smooth top.
Lower over is locked. Did not clean it, it just locked up.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

If you unplugged the dishwasher for 5 minutes and the door didn't unlock, one of the switch on the latch assembly failed and unfortunately the door latch assembly mounted to the back of the oven just above the lower oven cavity will need to be ordered and replaced because the latch locked on it's own and now it doesn't know if it's locked or unlocked which is why it locked on it's own and won't unlock now.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
On the reply you referred to a dishwasher in the being then the oven. So I think know the first was a typo.
Now the cost and how difficult to replace this part.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't see where to rate this
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Doh, sorry about the typo. As for difficulty, it's actually quite easy to replace as long as you can pull the oven out. As for the cost and part number, I can get you that if you can give me the model number. The model number is ***** on a metal flip up tab on the back of the control panel. Just flip the tab up and that will expose a sticker with the model number on the tab facing forward.

As for the rating, that is above the screen there should be stars or smiley faces to click on.