Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

The refrigerator keeps running non-stop and there is frost

Customer Question

The refrigerator keeps running non-stop and there is frost buildup in the freezer. Please advise-same refrig -same model ano.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.

If there is ice built up on the back freezer panel then the unit has defrost problem and it must be repaired before the unit will ever really work correctly, you can unplug the unit open the freezer door and put a fan in front of it to help it defrost faster and give it 4 hours or so and plug it back up and it work properly until it freezes up again the only way to find out which component in the defrost system is at fault is to use a ohm/volt meter and test the components, if you have one and know how to use it and would like to know how to troubleshoot the problem give me the model number of the refrigerator and I can help you.

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is that

you take this time to rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page

or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find

but it's there). Rating me will not in any affect the amount you agreed to pay for the question.

This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.

TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks.

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this

issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. Thank You so much for your understanding and

support!.

Edited by Moderator)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Tech-Are you on there? The model number for the Whirlpool refrig is GX5FHTXVQ02