Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a 48" dual-fuel range. Left, small oven operates

Customer Question

I have a 48" dual-fuel range. Left, small oven operates fine. But when simply HEATING up the right, larger oven, within 5 minutes the whole oven reads Err 01 on display, permanently locks both ovens, shuts both down and reads OPP above both dials. When I shut off the circuit and wait 10 minutes (so oven cools), everything unlocks, and ovens can operate again, only for the left oven to repeat the shutdown, Err 01, etc.
I've had 2 service visits and the right oven's latch replaced, and the symptom is the same. frustrating. Then, upon close examination, I noticed the right oven's latch doesn't "latch" as well as the left oven, and when closed, the right oven door stands "proud" or out farther than the right oven.
I propped a chair against the right oven to close it as tightly as the left oven, heated it, and it hasn't displayed an Err 01 code for 8 hours. What now? Is this just a hinge problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The heat is escaping and getting into the controls, causing the error code you see. The hinges will indeed likely need to be replaced. Does the door lay flat when opened all the way or slope a bit downward?