Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Maytag MFW9700SBO and it is giving me a F 15 error

Customer Question

Customer: I have a Maytag MFW9700SBO and it is giving me a F 15 error
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yes, it has stopped on the drain and spin cycle. I have tried to turn it off and them back on--but is just blinks/beeps the F15 over and over.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes :)
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.

So unfortunately this error is a fairly major issue. This error means that the motor control board (MCU) continues to reset and can't run through a cycle like normal. You can try to unplug the washer for 5 minutes to see if the electronics will reset but if that doesn't work, you'll need to order and replace the MCU below the tub. It's the part with all the wires going the box mounted to the floor inside the washer below the tub. Just tip the washer back a bit to remove the screws below the lower front panel and then remove the lower front panel in order to gain access. Below is a link to the MCU you'd need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for MCU

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
thanks, ***** ***** that a try. and if resetting it doesn't work...Ill replace the MCU.

Alright sorry about the bad news today but I do wish you only the best.