Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

My client has a Thermador Model # HGS142TS hood vent. 1 of

Customer Question

My client has a Thermador Model # ***** hood vent. 1 of the 4 lights were working when I visited her. I took the covers off pulled the bulbs cleaned the contacts and got them all to work. Now about a week later she called and said just the one was working again. The unit is about 12 years old and there seemed to be an accumulation of grease. Got any suggestions? I'm not an electrician or an appliance tech. I'm the builder. I believe she called someone, not sure it was Thermador, but got no response. I'd like her to be happy and have her system working properly.
Jim Millar
Millar Construction (###) ###-####
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The socket terminals tend to get pushed down when the bulbs are installed. The metal tabs at the base of the socket tend to lose a bit if their tension over time. If you turn the power off, you can use a small screwdriver to bend the tabs up a little bit to make good contact to the bulb base. Let me know how it goes.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Ok Thanks, ***** ***** that, and do you think spraying some parts cleaner/degreaser might help as well as there seemed to be an accumulation of grease there too?
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Sure, just make sure that the power is off and all cleaner has been wiped. Don't use anything that is flammable.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I may not get to it before the Holiday so please be patient with my response as to whether it worked or not.
Expert:  Kelly replied 11 months ago.

Sure, no problem. Please disregard any automated massages you may receive, I have no control over those. Any message from me will be in this thread only.