Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

GE Monogram Refrigerator ZISP480DX@@ is running too cold...

Customer Question

Customer: GE Monogram Refrigerator ZISP480DX@@ is running too cold... 29 degrees in the frig and -2 degrees in the freezer. Try to set the temp higher but it keeps reverting to those degrees. Even turned off the cooling system and turned it back on and it comes up at the lower temps. The user manual says it should go to the factory settings of 0 and 37 but it goes to -2 and 29
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Not really, frig is about 2 years old, maybe 3
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: OK
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

Normally the damper door breaks, gets frozen or goes bad causing this issue, you need to check if part #367 at this link is closed when it is that cold, if not that is the issue. If it gets stuck open it will super cool the refrig and freezer

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
OK, I got to the link and I see the part in the link but I have no idea where that is in the actual frig or how to chek if it is open or closed.

That is in the upper left hand corner of the refrig section. You would see the flap open or closed.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I think this part must be at the top behind a bunch of other parts I have to remove in order to see it b/c there is no part like that I see just by openning the frig door in the upper left. Can you help anymore on location or how to get to it

Yes you would need to remove the trim panels to get to it can you do that?