John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

We have Bosch SMS50E38AU/25 that is 13 months old and has

Customer Question

We have Bosch SMS50E38AU/25 that is 13 months old and has been damaged by a lightening strike. Our local repair technician ( not Bosch accredited ) ordered and installed a new mother board at a cost of $460 but this was not successful. What else could be the problem? The old board was definitely fried with a large scorch mark showing inside the plastic housing. Many thanks. ***** Stanthorpe Queensland 4380
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 11 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

Well the user interface board may also have been damaged what does it do?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Plug unit into power and turn on and hit the on button and the machine makes a couple of small bump noises and nothing else. No lights on the digital display. This will happen each time power is turned off and then on again and the On button is pushed.

Sounds like the interface board is bad.