Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

I have a small dent in my new stainless steal refridgerator

Customer Question

i have a small dent in my new stainless steal refridgerator and slight discolarayion can this me repaired
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 12 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

Unfortunately this is non repairable. Stainless steel does not want to go back to its original shape like steel so any attempt to push it out will just result in making it more noticeable. You either have to replace the door panel or put a magnet over it as there is no other way to fix a dent. The discoloration is also an issue caused by poor quality stainless, it also is not really fixable and often any attempt to try a product on it makes it look worse. The only thing you can do is get some stainless polish to lessen the discoloration.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks