Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Gecooktop I have a burner that is off and keeps sparking

Customer Question

gecooktop I have a burner that is off and keeps sparking
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 12 months ago.

Ok so this means that one of your spark switches has either failed or gotten wet. The spark switches are the switches just below/behind the knob that you turn to adjust the burners and turn them on. The best thing to do is just wait 24 hours and leave the unit unplugged. That may allow the switch time to dry out and start to work again. If it won't stop clicking, then turn your burners on one at a time and see which one stops the clicking. Whichever burner stops the clicking is the switch you need to replace.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.