John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Dear Customer Care, my reference: is account # 91400948 and

Customer Question

Hi - dear Customer Care, my reference: is account # ***** and Order ID# ***** I am surprised that your specialist, Kelly, had so little to offer in a solution approach to my problem. I have a Kitchen Aid mixer [model KSM90] and my project was to install new grease into it. I am technically savvy, and the mixer is simple and it worked before beginning my project. I carefully put it back together, and the mixer will not start. I was asked by Kelly if I had 120VAC at the motor, which I said yes to. Then he told me that he thought that the mixer motor was faulty. I do not mind paying money for help and support, but Kelly's "help and support" was nil. Is there anyone in your operation that can be of help to me? Russ
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please call me on my home phone:(###) ###-#### ***** Russ
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

I worked for Kitchen Aid / Whirlpool for many years, I am sorry that you think Kelly's info was "NIL" as you put it.. But the fact remains that you had done something wrong when you installed grease into the machine. He was correct, if the voltage is at the motor and the motor does not run, then you have shorted the motor out or opened a winding within it.. Kelly is on of the most knowledgeable experts on Kitchen Aid products.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well, if I did something wrong, then I am sorry to have bothered you guys. I attempted to be very careful both with the un-assembling and then in the assembling of the mixer components. I guess the mixer is toast. Have a Merry Christmas. Russ