Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

GE gas range modeljgbp29gesiww buzzer won't shut off. Clock

Customer Question

gE gas range modeljgbp29gesiww buzzer won't shut off. Clock hasn't worked for years. Buzzer went off one day. I wasn't even in the room.lol I have the front panel accessed. Can I unplug it which one can I unplug?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

If you want to disable the buzzer you need to kill power to the clock motor. There are two black wires going to the motor for the clock if you cut one of them it will stop buzzing, but the clock will not work FYI.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks