Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Just bought a new maytag dryer the tumbler works but it is

Customer Question

Just bought a new maytag dryer the tumbler works but it is not heating up
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.

You need to make sure the dryer is getting 220 volts and isn't wired incorrectly. Pull the dryer forward and remove the cover where the power cord connects to the back of the dryer. With a multimeter, test power between the 2 outside power wires on the power cord going to the 2 outside terminals on the terminal block. You should have 220 volts between these 2 terminals. If so and the dryer isn't heating, call warranty because the heater or or a thermostat has come faulty.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.