Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

POWER BUTTON ON MY GE DRYER GFDS350E1WW WON'T POP BACK OUT

Customer Question

Customer: POWER BUTTON ON MY GE DRYER GFDS350E1WW WON'T POP BACK OUT AS ***** ***** Z ASKED ABOUT 2 YEARS AGO
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I AM DANNY. I WAS JUST REFERRING TO TYLERS Q 2 YEARS AGO. THE POWER BUTTON SIMPLY WONT RETURN TO IT'S ORIGINAL POSITION
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: SURE
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So this is a common way for this dryer to fail and well known due to it's ridiculously expensive repair. Typically the hinge on the power button breaks and you have to replace the entire front control panel in order to fix the power button. You can remove the control panel to see for sure what is causing the problem but to do that pull the dryer forward and remove the screws coming in from the back of the top lip on the control panel. There are 3 screws. That back trim of the control panel top will then pull off and you can remove the screws going into the top panel of the washer. The top panel then slides straight back, up, and off. After that, pull the center knob straight forward and off and if there is a screw behind the knob remove it. Now the control panel should slide up so you can remove it.