Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Lew Bosch dishwasher stops after 1 minute and and clean

Customer Question

Customer: Lew Bosch dishwasher stops after 1 minute and and clean light comes on.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I cleared the filter and secondary filter also pulled unit out and cleared lines of fluid to drain at sink if it was clogged. Air blows through to sink drain.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

OK, so if the washer just stops after filling and the clean light turns on, you either have a bad circulation pump or a bad control board. You'd need to uninstall the dishwasher, remove the right side panel, start a cycle and wait until after it fills to test power going to the circulation pump through the right side of the dishwasher. If you're not getting 120 volts down to the pump, then you need a new control board. If you are getting 120 volts, then you'd need a new control board---by far the most likely culprit will be the circulation pump.

Now on the other hand, if the dishwasher stops before it fills with water, that means your control board thinks the drain pump is drawing too much power. Remove the drain pump and check for debris hitting the impeller and if you find nothing, replace the drain pump.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your answer was incorrect there a partial blockage the outgoing drain entry into sewer line under the sink and after clearing the line the dishwasher works perfectly.