John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a Kitchen Aid, Model KDFE304DWH0 The dishwasher

Customer Question

I have a Kitchen Aid, Model KDFE304DWH0
The dishwasher starts, seems to fill, then stops. When I hit cancel, it seems to drain. When I then attempt to start again, it repeats.
This has happened in the past, but somehow, it magically corrects.
I have now tried to reset the control panel by alternately pressing High Temp and Dry 10 times and nothing happens.
Can you help?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Let's try to see what error you're getting. Turn the dishwasher off. Choose any 3 buttons on the control panel. Press them in the following sequence, 1-2-3-1-2-3-1-2-3 with no more than 1 second between each button push. Watch the clean light. It will flash "X" amount of times, then pause 2 seconds, and flash "Y" amount of times, then pause 5 seconds and start over again. Can you tell me how many times X and Y are please?