Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We have a GE Profile built in wall oven model #PT916S M1SS.

Customer Question

We have a GE Profile built in wall oven model #PT916S M1SS. We took the oven door off to clean the oven -- now can't get it back on. I think the hinges may be in the wrong position -- perhaps unlocked position, but we are not able to move them. Are you able to assist?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 12 months ago.
If the hinges weren't locked out properly when removing the door, you'll need to set the door flat (handle side down) on the floor. Then you'll need to force the hinges open by putting something like a handle of a screwdriver in your hand and pushing on the hinges until they are opened all the way. There is a little hole that will appear near the base of the hinge that you need to stick a small screw through to lock the hinge open. Once both hinges are locked open, you will be able to just install the door back into the oven hinge receptacles on the oven itself. The door goes back in at about a 30 degree angle. Then open the door all the way and flip the locking tabs back up and out of the way so you can close the door properly again. We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.