Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a Kenmore 80 series model 67832794 that stopped

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore 80 series model 67832794 that stopped working. It dried a load this morning, but now won't turn on. It makes a faint clicking noise when the start button is pressed, but nothing happens. Any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So there are 2 things if you're sure the dryer is getting power from your house. First, open the door and push on the door switch to make sure it clicks when you press the button by hand. If it doesn't click then replace the door switch. Other than that if the door switch checks good then it sounds like your thermal fuse has failed. Below is a link to a video that shows you how to access and test the fuse so you can replace it if you're handy enough to do it yourself.

CLICK HERE for fuse video

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.