Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
19941226

I have a whirlpool model w10073320. It does not drain during

Customer Question

Customer: I have a whirlpool model w10073320. It does not drain during normal cycle. It will drain slow if drain button is pushed. checked hose and it does not have clog
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: what do you need?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 12 months ago.

Hello, this is Dave and I'm happy to help you. The number you gave is not the model number. If it is a front load the number is ***** the door if a top load it is under the lid. Can you locate the number for me please?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
DU915PWSB0

Okay, a dishwasher. Your message did not say and I assumed it was a washer. Your model has one pump/motor assembly that reverses when it is time to drain. It should be able to drain all the water in about 60 seconds or a little longer. Have you pulled the hose off to confirm there is nothing clogging the hose? If so the next step is to take apart the portion of the pump from the inside. Let me know about the hose.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I checked the hose and it is not clogged

Pardon the delay, I just lost an entire paragraph I typed. I will start over.

Okay, if the hose is clear and both ends are open you will need to get into the pump area to look for a clog or damage. Start by removing the spray arm and use this link for reference. Parts list link On the left side of the diagram remove all #3 screws. Next hold #11 and remove screw #12. This screw is often VERY tight and can break off in the motor shaft. If that happens you will need to replace the entire pump/motor assembly. Let me know if you get that far and I will give you the next steps.

Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 11 months ago.

Hello, do you have an update? DO you still need help?

.