Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

How do I level my refrigerator?

Customer Question

How do I level my refrigerator?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.

Leveling the freezer will do absolutely nothing for your problem. I'm not sure where you got that advice but I would never turn to that source again in the future. ER FF means that you have a faulty freezer fan motor. It's not spinning quite correctly or evenly causing the control board to come up with an error code stating that you need to change out your freezer fan motor. This is located behind the back panel inside the freezer near the middle top area. You'll need to pull everything out of the freezer and thaw out out any ice around the fan in case there is frost or ice getting in the way of the fan motor. Use a hair dryer to thaw out the frost or just unplug the refrigerator for 24 hours. Below is a video that will help with removing the back panel.

CLICK HERE for video

If you remove the frost/ice and the error returns when you plug the refrigerator back in--replace the fan motor.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.