Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Bosch Nexxt dryer won't start. Timer shows based on selected

Customer Question

Bosch Nexxt dryer won't start. Timer shows based on selected setting. Turned off circuit breaker for several minutes but no change.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

It sounds like your belt either broke or possibly the belt switch tripped from a heavy load. Try to reset the belt switch to get the dryer working again. The belt switch is located next to the motor so you'll need to pull the dryer forward and unplug the unit. Remove all the screws going into the back sheet metal panel and remove the entire back sheet metal panel. There is a plastic white and black switch mounted to the floor next to the motor. Push the switch toward the tensioner pulley to reset it. Other than that, you either have a bad control board or your dryer is just not getting 220 volts from your house, you're only getting 110 volts. To see which is faulty, just pull the dryer out and remove the access panel on the back where the power cord connects to the back of the dryer. Test power between the 2 outside power wires with a multimeter and you should have 220 volts. If you do, then you need to replace the main control board.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.