John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

This is ***** *****, we have had a lot of power outages and

Customer Question

Customer: Hi this is ***** *****, we have had a lot of power outages and now our washer and dryer are dead. Will I have to replace the entire circuit controllers for both machines or is there some sort of fuse or reset I can try first? The washer is WSSH30060WW and the dryer is DSYH47E60WW.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: After power outages and surges both units don't come on although there is a light in the dryer.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 11 months ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Have you tried unplugging the units for 5 minutes or more to hopefully reset the electronic control boards?

If not lets try that first.Let me know what happens.

Do you still need assistance on your question?