Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have thermador range model PG304BS/09 the broiler works

Customer Question

I have thermador range model PG304BS/09 the broiler works but the oven does not
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 11 months ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Since your oven still works on broil, it sounds like your bake igniter is just going out and needs to be replaced. Igniters generally last about 6-8 years normally and then they either stop working all together, or they just get weak and don't draw 3.2 amps even though they are glowing. If an igniter doesn't pull 3.2 amps, the oven gas safety valve will not open up. Now the bake igniter is mounted to the bake burner below the floor inside the oven so you'd need to pull the floor out of the oven to access the igniter for replacement. Below is a link to the igniter for your model and it costs about $85.

CLICK HERE for oven igniter

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.