Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

I purchased a stove in 2008 from sears and it popped

Customer Question

I purchased a stove in 2008 from sears and it popped yesterday and it went dead, do I have to buy a new one.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 12 months ago.

Hello, I'm Joel thank you for your interest in our service. If you have been waiting a while

I apologize we try to help as many customers as possible in a timely manner. I am now

available to help you with your question.

I can't seem to locate that model anywhere if you would double check the model number I can get the replacement part number for you, but the pop you heard was likely a capacitor on the control board, and you can usually replace the board cheaper than you can buy a new unit. The model number should be located on the oven door frame or the lower drawer if it has one.

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is that
you take this time to rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page
or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find
but it's there). Rating me will not in any affect the amount you agreed to pay for the question. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.
TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks.

Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 11 months ago.

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this

issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. I took the time to help you please take the time to help me. Thank You so much for your understanding and support!.